Spots at our school are filled when students pass auditions and are placed at the school in the CMS School Options Lottery. The lottery(s) for 2019-20 have already taken place. While some grades or majors may be full or have wait lists, there is still time for students to move or change their minds before next year.
- We continue to accept Audition Requests for all grades and majors. If your child is interested in NWSA, we do encourage you to submit the request as soon as you can. They will be date-stamped. You may want to call the main office if you are dropping off a request, as summer staffing can be variable. Our office will be closed Fridays starting in mid-June.
- The grades most likely to have room are high school grades (10, 11, 12). We may have room in other grades when/if students are retained in their current grade, move or change their minds. This does happen. We do encourage all interested students to submit an audition request.
- Audition requests received will be held and students will only be contacted if we have summer (late August) auditions for that grade and major.
- Those who submit an audition request are not guaranteed an audition, or a spot if they pass their audition.
- Contact for scheduling auditions will be via email in early August.
- The tentative summer audition date/time is August 23 from 9-11 am.
- Spaces will be filled with the following priority: 1. Students on the CMS lottery wait list (if there is one) for the grade/major 2. Students who passed auditions in April (by grade/major). 3. Students who passed auditions in May (by grade/major). Some areas/grades have more students waiting than others.
- Students moving into CMS after this school year will be offered a courtesy audition in August. These students will only get a spot if there is room available after we fill spots with students as listed in the priorities above. Families coming from outside CMS must first show proof of enrollment in CMS Schools by submitting an enrollment receipt OR CMS ID number with their Audition Request. See the CMS Student Placement website.